VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

Ann: TSN Business Update, page-47

1. 2,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    Fair point. Though IoT is getting some traction in India through government sponsored "smart cities' initiatives. Two (unrelated) things that always strike me when I go to India are:
    1. The propensity for India to leapfrog the technology evolution path experienced in many western countries - wireless broadband being the obvious example.
    2. While the 'have nots' portion of the population in India is large and does tend to blind outsiders assessing the country's challenges - the 'haves' are larger, growing rapidly and are of a scale and complexity that provide a plethora of very lucrative opportunities to companies that can craft an India relevant solution.
    I missed the opportunity to attend the inaugural IoT Expo in India this year, but hope to be there for next year. As devices and 'things' start transacting with each other more and more without explicit human involvement, we are going to need transaction platforms that provide a secure, safe means of managing payments (including micropayments) efficiently. http://www.iotindiaexpo.com/

So, IoT may be an area we can't afford not to be involved with, in due course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.