EQR 0.00% 4.6¢ eq resources limited

Ann: Tungsten Output at Mt Carbine Increases, page-62

1. 996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Whilst we await final and official advice of the Oaktree Capital deal for the acquisition of the Barruecopardo mine in Spain, I thought I might try to add a bit of "colour" around who we are now getting involved with and perhaps how we could benefit.

Oaktree Capital Management - founded in 1995, Oaktree now has 1100 employees with $USD179 Billion of assets under management. Their clients include 65 out of 100 of the largest US pension funds, more than 500 corporations around the world, 39 of the 50 state retirement plans in the USA, 300+ endowment and foundations around the world and 17 sovereign wealth funds.

Oaktree Capital Management are 62% owned by Brookfield Asset Management with 200,000+ employees and manage more than $USD85 Billion of assets across 30 Countries.

It was no mere lottery that Oaktree chose EQ Resources to acquire and manage Saloro and the Barruecopardo mine in Salamanca Spain - we may never know the entire search history for a capable acquirer for Saloro, but you can take it as a given, that the search would have been quite extensive and carefully considered - and we are all thankful for the efforts of Ollie, Kevin and team for positioning themselves such that their very positive achievements in managing Mt Carbine attracted the attention of the Oaktree team.

Many posters have rightly commented that what EQR needs right now is some more small/mid institutional presence on our share register - and they are quite correct, but I believe they are waiting in the wings ready to enter at the right time.

When will that right time be ? Very very soon - when the Oaktree deal is finalised, when they see some positive production numbers progressively ramping up at both producing mines AND when they see the cash reserves accummulating - all these things are happening RIGHT NOW.

Oaktree have an extensive worldwide network of contacts as well as marketing skills - following on from their $0.09 investment in EQR, they, as much as anyone, will want to see their investment show some gains.
    They WILL be in their for the longer haul because they can see the big picture that EQR represents.
    They can see that EQR have 2 producing mines and also that they have the skills to bring the 3rd (Wolfram Camp) into production
    They can see that all the other tungsten "resurrecetors" (Almonty, Tungtsen West, G6M et al) are struggling
    They can see there is a desperate shortage of tungsten in the world
    They can see that EQR will lead the Western worlds tungsten supply

These are just some of the reasons why Oaktree are in there for the long haul and why we will all benefit from their presence

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $95.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 202005 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EQR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.