TVN 2.67% 7.3¢ tivan limited

Miners need to take more risks, warns BHP chiefDavos,...

1. 4,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3004
    Miners need to take more risks, warns BHP chief
    Davos, Switzerland | The mining industry will have to take more risks on innovative technology if it is going to feed the energy transition’s gaping appetite for commodities, BHP boss Mike Henry warns.

Mr Henry told a panel at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Wednesday (AEDT) that miners had to squeeze significantly more out of existing mines, in addition to boosting new supply.

And because new mines were likely to come onstream slowly, and be smaller and lower grade, miners had to use data, artificial intelligence and new technology to get more out of what they already had.

“That’s the sort of breakthrough that will allow us to unlock more of the existing resource or footprint more efficiently.”

Innovative Technology - TIVAN - Tick
    Feed the Energy transition appetite for commodities - VRFB, Iron Flow, Titanate/Vanadium solid state batteries - Tick
    Squeeze more out - footprint more efficiently - 3 commodities from one ore body, not just V or Ti or Fe but all 3 - Tick
    Data, AI, Technology - Why do I think that is where Dr Robertson has this covered? - Tick (tentative)

BHP only a couple of days ago added to an initial $50M investment in a copper deposit in Africa which also is working with a technology provider to improve the extraction/refining process
    BHP concludes $100m investment in Kabanga Nickel
    Not saying they are on the look out for a different commodity, but this certainly seems to be what Mr Henry is encouraging.
    And there are many complementary reasons why a mining major would benefit from something like this.

Very busy at work. I'll have to drop this for now & circle back later.
    Last edited by Propunter2: 20/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $120.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $107.0K 1.458M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86244 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 58867 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.