KAR 0.28% $1.82 karoon energy ltd

Ann: TY23 ASX Release & Investor Presentation, page-19

1. 42 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    • Whilst I love dividends, I don't mind if they stay with the company for appropriate capital allocation.
    • KAR appears to generate ROE / ROIC > 20% (subject to Oil Prices, as a commodity producer). If they keep this performance over time, I bet they are allocating capital better than me! LOL
    • It is a growth company, which requires CAPEX/OPEX to grow and diversify (conversely to a tech play).
    • Looking purely from a dividend perspective, the chances for frustration are high in my opinion, as management appears to prioritize inorganic growth through M&A and organic growth in Brazil
    • Looking from a business growth perspective, I believe they are doing the right thing - it is important to diversify the asset base across different jurisdictions and assets to increase certainty in revenue and decrease business risks (e.g. Imagine oil prices go low and some sh*1 happens in Brazil? (regulations, problems in OPs, increased royalties, etc?)
    • For me, the key question for me here is/are: How good are the inorganic and organic growth opportunities presented? How good is the management team?
    • My knowledge in Oil and Gas technicalities are superficial - the organic growth is good in Brazil (or appears to be), excellent ; the inorganic growth through M&A, for obvious reasons, is unknown. If management allocates capital poorly, our cash is gone!
    • If there is more unknown in the equation, discount rates for FCF will get higher, and NPV will go down (therefore, valuation gets compressed - i.e. below $2.0).
    • Really Appreciate inputs and contrasting views on these comments to enrich the discussion!

Last edited by dsgm: 01/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.82
Change
0.005(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $1.454B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.81 $1.85 $1.79 $4.127M 2.263M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20216 $1.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.82 86693 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.