UBI 3.57% 13.5¢ universal biosensors inc.

We have to be realisticSensitivity, combined with distribution...

1. 40 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    We have to be realistic
    Sensitivity, combined with distribution of the Tn antigen from the cancer cells to the blood are the issues. With UBI/Swinburn's current technology they can detect the Tn antigen in blood that has been spiked with the Tn antigen, To monitor the antigen generated by a small developing cancer, the amount present in the patient's blood would be vanishingly small. My point was that if you wanted to use the current sensor in the clinical setting it would only work on a biopsy sample taken from the cancerous tissue.
    I quote from UBI's own announcement (my emphases in bold):

“UBI has completed its proof-of-concept work on the Tn Antigen biosensor and confirms it is able to detect and measure the presence of Tn in “spiked samples” of whole human blood at a concentration of 200 picomolar using UBI’s patented electrochemical platform technology, enhanced by Lubricin.

…..

UBI still mustdevelop a commercial Tn Antigen biosensor on our hand-held platform ready for partnering or clinical trials. The next step to develop a commercial product is to ensure the Tn biosensor can be reproduced on our manufacturing line and measured reliably using patients’ whole blood. Based on our initial feasibility we estimate this could take3 years and cost between $5 - $7 million. UBI has $25 million of cash reserves and no debt.”

So UBI have a research plan to enhance the sensitivity of the biosensor to permit routine testing of Tn in clinical blood samples taken from patients with a cancer, but it is not there yet and they hopefully have a realistic estimate of how long it will take to get there and how much it will cost. The clinical trials would then come next and they would no doubt involve measuring Tn antigen in both biopsy tissue and blood to hopefully show a correlation between the two. Only then could they apply to market the sensor for testing blood samples.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UBI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $40.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.5¢ $3.108K 23.01K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 144072 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 55336 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UBI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.