ARB 0.11% $38.03 arb corporation limited.

Thanks Marcus A.I think, I vaguely remember your original post...

1. 625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 206
    Thanks Marcus A.

I think, I vaguely remember your original post from some time ago. I am not across the ins and outs of the franking credit account and its corporate finance effects. This was all 6 years ago, and I probably should not have brought it up. ARB's sp is more determined by what's happening in the future rather than the past - unless there is a 'pot of gold' somewhere to be paid out.

My understanding is that 100% of the upcoming dividend is taken up, i.e. underwritten by Taylor Collison. I take it, that the full amount of the dividend will be issued in new shares. So far, there is no mentioning of a discount; only the cost have been made public (1% of the total dividends).

What made me writing all these posts was the realization that new shares are issued (ca. 12% of capital issued) without the market being informed as such. I thought that curious and I am still not clear about this. I think there should be more detailed information given to the market to put undue concerns to rest.

There is nothing wrong with a company retaining the dividends.

After all, the famous BRK.A has done so for decades and has done well. The average return over 20 years for my SMSF sits at 8.16% annually after cost today. ... and thus looking at ARB's returns on capital and equity, perhaps my money is better invested with ARB.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$38.03
Change
0.040(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $3.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$37.99 $38.14 $37.33 $11.43M 301.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 482 $38.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$38.10 515 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.