BRK 0.00% 1.2¢ brookside energy limited

I know that I am a voice in the wilderness in this matter, but...

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    I know that I am a voice in the wilderness in this matter, but here goes again

If the share buy back buys back lots of shares at the cheapest price will it be a success?

Does the basic attractiveness of the company to the outside world hinge on whether its shares on issue drop from 5 billion to 4.6 billion?

Will the reduced soi significantly increase our eps or other financial metrics?

What was management's intention when they made this capital allocation?

Was it to use it as a crutch or a prop for a flagging share price?

Was it to move the market share price from an undervalued/heavily discounted/laughably cheap price to a price more reflective of the business's worth/prospects?

Will it be a success if it raises our market cap?

Will it be a success if it lowers our market cap?

Would the money be better spent on operational matters?

So I'm sure there are lots of other considerations and questions.

But in the end you have to have a metric for judging success or failure.

At the moment there have been around 45m shares bought back at 1.5c, and there is a a great clamouring for more at that price and in fact some quite openly want the buy back share price to be even lower.

So I ask those who are baying for more at an ever cheaper price,

Logically will you not be ecstatic if by end of December you have witness 350m shares bought back at an average of 1.c ?

By any means that is a very efficient use of buy back cqpital

And then from a base price of 1c or market cap of around 47m, we can then move forward and build a strong share price and market cap.

I sense a few squeals of pain if that (entirely logical buy em back cheap) scenario panned out.

But I would say to the disciples of the buy em back cheap gurus. there will be more jam for you tomorrow.

After all you know the old saying ...... better two birds in the bush than a bird in hand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $109.9K 9.155M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 10848681 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 22910913 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.