BRK 0.00% 1.2¢ brookside energy limited

A few thoughts from the voice in the wilderness again, and yes,...

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    A few thoughts from the voice in the wilderness again, and yes, I know any negative response to the buy em back cheap and cheaper and even more cheaply gurus is not very agreeable to many but 'sigh' here goes again.

I believe that in the obsession to buy back as cheaply as possible, that some think it would be good if the buy back period could be extended beyond December.

A sort of buy em back cheaper for longer, sort of thing. These advocates of this line of thought would logically be clapping themselves on the back when in June next year CPS are buying back shares at less than a cent, having assiduously worked the buy back price down to that figure.

Slightly extreme example (I hope) But what is the point of a buy back that results in lowering our market cap and yet makes little fundamental difference to the number of shares on issue.

Who on earth would consider the buy back a success for shareholders if it reduced the share price and market cap of the company. Was that really the intention of our management?
    And this snaffle up cheap, cheaper, cheapest equity talk, yes, of course, no Einstein needed there.
    But what ordinary investor wants to see our share price being driven down relentlessly?

Let's get the vwap moving up again, lets get a share price movement that tempts many more sellers on to the market, lets get those weak hands flushed out, lets get some liquidity going.

Lets not have our share price die a slow death by a thousand cuts.

Would anyone really like to see by Xmas a share price of 1.0c and then an extension of the buy back to December next year?

Why make an undervalued equity even more undervalued by driving down the share price so that you can save a few shekels on the buy back.

Seems totally counter intuitive to me.

Apologies for the long rambling post.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $109.9K 9.155M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 10848681 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 22910913 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.