CUV 1.37% $14.75 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

The chairman said in his letter yesterday that; "Perhaps the...

1. 830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1125
    The chairman said in his letter yesterday that; "Perhaps the value of the Company is at present below that assigned by analysts and desired by you, however it is much on par with that of peers in biotechnology." What a throwaway line the second part of that sentence is, when I have some more time I will show a lot of actual DATA that totally contradicts that. Furthermore, in past Clinuvel releases to the ASX they have directly contradicted that with statements about 'decoupling' of market value and they have even been the ones to publish the analyst values which are much higher than current value. I think they said they wished they could show more of the analyst reports than just the high price targets. To me this is typical of the loose messaging this company comes up with, and with all due respect to the chairman, I think analysts and even many people on this board spend more time observing markets and other companies than he does.

The question about legal experts is an interesting one, it would be good to hear more opinions on what you raised from such experts. I do note that Mesoblast, which has a history of burning enormous amounts of shareholder funds and no success with the FDA, settled a class action this year but I will have to read up on what that was all about - maybe someone here can shed light on that. Despite that class action and history of massive cash burning and no FDA approval, Mesoblast is still valued far higher than CUV with a valuation over $1 Billion - a clear contradiction of the chairman's statement on value. I could go on here with comparisons, PME is another but PNV, NAN, Disc bloody medicine, even CSL and COH with their soft outlooks and far higher P/Es are all quick examples that spring to mind of far higher valuation. These are the best examples of peer stocks I can think of with Disc being the very best. Of course all of those companies have far lower amounts of short selling as well, but conveniently that is not being mentioned much lately despite being at extremely high levels and the main force controlling valuation.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.75
Change
0.200(1.37%)
Mkt cap ! $724.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.60 $14.79 $14.32 $789.0K 54.31K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 726 $15.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.02 49 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.