HUM 0.00% 80.0¢ humm group limited

it’s not easy that’s for sure. Hum has been my second most...

1. 4,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 532
    it’s not easy that’s for sure. Hum has been my second most frustrating stock (the other is Senetas). The problem with Hum is I sold it when they halved the dividend many years ago and I made a decent capital gain and I had had really good dividends. Then I bought it back again when it went down to 1.50s - first mistake, second was not selling when it went roaring up after John Wyllie came in. These things are never easy! I am not unhappy with averaging down, as I am sitting on $1.09 now. Still paying a dividend although pretty pathetic. It has resulted in me owning way too many of them so I will definitely reduce once/if I can,

I hold most of my shares in the SMSF and while the majority are safe and not speculative it is fun to have a few of the more exciting ones.

its quite amusing though. Sold our home a year ago and we are doing a knock down rebuild of a new home to spend our final days in. Put the maximum allowed into the super fund and the rest in our personal names. The idea of the second portfolio was to generate enough income to pay rent etc while we waited to settle on the “land” (it was a very long settlement) and then do the rebuild. I wasn’t aiming for any capital gains on that portfolio - just not to lose any money. As it’s turned out those shares have done amazingly - up about 30% plus good dividends, while my ones in the SMSF where I was trying to generate growth less well. I guess moral of the story is that good safe shares generating sustainable dividends can also return good growth,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $393.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
80.0¢ 81.0¢ 79.0¢ $584.2K 730.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7365 78.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 116173 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HUM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.