ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    Yes, using buyback to set up share price for a scrip deal seems like a probable motivator here. Though it's pretty crazy how much volume they're managing to shift (and % of daily volume) without really cranking the share price, so I'm sort of guessing there's some agreement with a big seller (presumably Old Peak) to dispose on-market en masse. I'm normally not one to pay attention to daily moves or things like volume/charts nor am I in the finance sector, so I don't know how plausible/likely/legal any of that actually is... But it's hard to imagine the liquidity being offered by the buyback's 40c wall of bids would suddenly tempt out a bunch of small holders looking to offload $50k each, they could've done that whenever they wanted, yesterday's volume was the 2nd biggest in August and 2.5x the volume of third place yet the price didn't change...

OP off the register completely --> shunt share price up --> aggressive scrip offer for first tin seems like the intention here if I'm using my crystal ball. Can't say I have a strong opinion on first tin either way, but at least they're probably going about it in what looks like a pretty cutthroat manner (if they are in fact going about it)
    Edit: or some scrip+cash sweetener if they wanna offload more capital
    Last edited by Gravlax: 28/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.