SWF 4.00% 12.0¢ selfwealth limited

Ann: Update - Notification of buy-back - SWF, page-15

1. 4,668 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 861
    Lol, if you're silly enough to leave an AVERAGE floating balance on platform of $300K that's on you.

You've also neglected to mention that SelfWealth's fee is flat and that the $5 Marketech fee is a MINIMUM and rises as a percentage so your scenario is based on a person with a huge average cash balance doing 100 modest size trades a year.

I've quickly run my own numbers and the cost differential is marginal, mostly because I'm closer to the typical SelfWealth user in having around 4-5% of my platform FUA in cash (on average). In your case that would imply a portfolio size of around $8m (which doesn't accord well with 100 x $5 trades). And is that 4.5% interest you're quoting on daily balance? What's your reference for that?

So basically your whole post boils down to a big complaint about not getting interest on your balance illustrated with a highly selective (I'd suggest implausible but whatever) example.

Personally I do better simply by having a modest amount of discipline around not leaving large sums on platform for long periods and getting better interest off platform. The Osko transfers suit my needs. And I like that SelfWealth's own accounts are transparent. You just seem to be the latest person with an agenda pushing a highly selective example. We can't be having this conversation on a Marketech thread for the simple reason there isn't one.

We all have our platform preferences, congratulations that you've found one that suits your needs. I'm just a little bewildered that someone feels so entitled they need to publicly complain on a company thread because a platform doesn't cater for their idiosyncratic (and somewhat implausible) cash and trading model.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 12.0¢ $2.11K 17.58K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12789 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 286540 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.55pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.