SWF 4.00% 12.0¢ selfwealth limited

Lol, if you're silly enough to leave an AVERAGE floating...

1. 4,668 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 861
    Lol, if you're silly enough to leave an AVERAGE floating balance on platform of $300K that's on you.

You've also neglected to mention that SelfWealth's fee is flat and that the $5 Marketech fee is a MINIMUM and rises as a percentage so your scenario is based on a person with a huge average cash balance doing 100 modest size trades a year.

I've quickly run my own numbers and the cost differential is marginal, mostly because I'm closer to the typical SelfWealth user in having around 4-5% of my platform FUA in cash (on average). In your case that would imply a portfolio size of around $8m (which doesn't accord well with 100 x $5 trades). And is that 4.5% interest you're quoting on daily balance? What's your reference for that?

So basically your whole post boils down to a big complaint about not getting interest on your balance illustrated with a highly selective (I'd suggest implausible but whatever) example.

Personally I do better simply by having a modest amount of discipline around not leaving large sums on platform for long periods and getting better interest off platform. The Osko transfers suit my needs. And I like that SelfWealth's own accounts are transparent. You just seem to be the latest person with an agenda pushing a highly selective example. We can't be having this conversation on a Marketech thread for the simple reason there isn't one.

We all have our platform preferences, congratulations that you've found one that suits your needs. I'm just a little bewildered that someone feels so entitled they need to publicly complain on a company thread because a platform doesn't cater for their idiosyncratic (and somewhat implausible) cash and trading model.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 12.0¢ $2.11K 17.58K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12789 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 286540 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.55pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.