SWM 2.86% 18.0¢ seven west media limited

Like a lot of us I was pretty keen to see a dividend so the buy...

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    Like a lot of us I was pretty keen to see a dividend so the buy back kinda disappointed me.
    But the more I think about it the more I’m warming to it.
    Most of us on here know this stock is worth more than 50 cents. It wasn’t that long ago it was near 80.

So if 7 starts picking up any shares under 50 cents it’s probally great for all of us. And 7 must know it’s undervalued hence wanting to do the buyback. They want to make the most of the lower share price.

For a few reasons I think this is good.

1) gets rid of anyone not that keen to hold long term. Reduces shares for sale so overtime will help increase price. There’s less shares on offer.
    2.) if they can get their buy back done under 50 cents then the price rises to 80 cents they’ve done amazing. Fantastic return on investment for them and us. We would be chuffed.

And we are we are generating great cash. They’ve stripped the business back to cut costs. It’s looking in good condition.

they get all or part of this buy back done then in six months start paying 4 cents a year fully franked dividend and this stock sits at 80 cents plus. Returning 5% yield to us holders. With 10% of the stock brought back giving us even more in our pockets.

I’d rather them do a buyback at 40-50cents than 80cents.

so let’s hopefully get thru the buy back and bring on dividends. 4 cents a year to them is nothing. Easy to do. But I kinda think a buy back first then divvy is the way to go.

i just hope they don’t make an acquisition to try to grow putting us back in debt. That won’t be good in my opinion. Just run the company you are and run it well and give profits back to investors. You’ll be loved forever !!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.005(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $277.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ $28.93K 163.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 994135 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 777948 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.