VRS 2.08% 4.7¢ veris limited

The buyback process has been too slow for my liking. There is...

1. 1,159 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1642
    The buyback process has been too slow for my liking. There is now upwards pressure on the price. If the half yearly delivers what Shirley stated ($100+ million revenue for the FY with an equal split between the halves) then the half yearly revenue will exceed $50 million. Shirley also stated we are getting a better amount of higher margin work. Given the first quarter we netted $300k, and we are now earning good interest not paying it, and have a better business model, it isn't unreasonable to expect a NPAT for the half exceeding $2 million. That's what the Board has to deliver if it is to start rebuilding the trust it destroyed. Anything less and in my opinion we go back to the 7c range and maybe the buyback can gain some momentum. That said, the company would be better off if it got cracking with the buyback, and delivered a decent half in line with what we have been told. We have previously paid a highest price of 9c, and while buying back in the 7c range has an obvious advantage for the company, if it delivers as it has stated, even 9c might seem cheap. I don't understand why we haven't bought some of the traded shares this past week in the 8c range, and why we have been so slow in the first 6 months of the buyback process. The Board either delivers as predicted and we'll be paying more, or it fails to deliver and trust stays at its nadir.
    Last edited by precis: 11/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $23.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.7¢ $53.15K 1.123M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 131153 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.