WHC 4.34% $6.01 whitehaven coal limited

Ann: Update - Notification of buy-back - WHC, page-19

1. 7,696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2341

That's not the way to think about it. Every shareholders on the register is likely to have different financial needs, tax rates, income requirements, overseas holder, domestic etc. What's the best way to create the most amount of value for the most amount of shareholders without needing to consider individual circumstances?

I understand some don't pay tax and get a franking credit refund, but you don't get that when WHC pays you the dividend. You get it in August of the following year. That's not overly efficient and does not necessarily help the rest of the Whitehaven share holder base. There is no guarantee you invest that money back into Whitehaven.

Whc management have inside information on the business and more knowledge of the underlying commodities markets, you could therefore argue they are more capable of making efficient capital allocation decisions with respect to WHC.

I'm not convinced dividends are the best use of capital in the long run, so a combination of a dividend (which was healthy relatively speaking) and a BB is still my preference.
    Last edited by pastperformer: 08/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.01
Change
0.250(4.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.027B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.01 $6.05 $5.90 $73.47M 12.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 28367 $6.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.03 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.