WHC 0.38% $7.77 whitehaven coal limited

So you're just an argumentative person for the sake of it....

1. 1,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 214
    So you're just an argumentative person for the sake of it. Confirmed.

Strong asset backing - I know you don't read reports but you can look at income tax expense & payments (taking into account dividends paid) for an idea of the growing franking credit balance (& of course the buyback was very likely going to be off-market to distribute those - not sure you remember, though you certainly post a lot so I would hope you do). Also, if you read reports, you would see a cash balance (asset backing - I'll leave you to inform yourself as to whether the term "strong" suffices).

The import of franking credits depends on the makeup of the shareholder base of course (again, I don't know whether you think these things through or just shoot from the hip). But pension & super funds certainly put a value on their distribution - its an Australian market thing.

I'd put it to you to try to understand what the "board's role & responsibiites" are - I certainly don't dismiss them.

If your point is simply a matter of timing, then make that. If you think the buyback should be stopped, then say that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.77
Change
-0.030(0.38%)
Mkt cap ! $6.500B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.70 $7.84 $7.69 $37.59M 4.840M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5512 $7.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.78 2928 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.