AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Update on ASX Listing, page-128

1. 198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    Are you sure giving up the 15% to Dathomir and getting the $20 million back is even an option? You'd think AVZ would have jumped on that already if it was possible given our current circumstances. From what I remember, it was AVZ who requested the DRC court to put the money in escrow. Not sure why they chose to do that given how uncertain the DRC court system is, why they didn't just keep the money in the AVZ account Dathomir returned the money to, who knows.

What's going on with the Supreme Court case involving Graeme and the $25 million in damages that AVZ got hit with? If that case hasn't been heard yet, the DRC court might hold onto the $20 million, even if AVZ gives up the 15% stake. Dathomir and the DRC court might not agree to release the funds from escrow until the court figures out the situation with the $25 million that was awarded in damages .

I understand the damages fine was suspended pending the Supreme Court case. I haven't heard any recent updates on the case, it may have already been dismissed, others here may have more updated info. However, if it hasn't been resolved and the $25 million damages s still in question, that might explain why AVZ might think it's futile to relinquish the 15% stake to Dathomir and request the $20 million returned by the DRC court.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.