WBC 1.16% $28.85 westpac banking corporation

Ann: Update on AUSTRAC matter, page-35

1. 4,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 865
    Have you and @Debohon educated yourselves yet? Another story in Fairfax today about additional suspect transactions "39 payments totalling more than $8m sent from a Westpac account to Hong Kong" potentially being part of the 23million transactions. So while the facts are unclear, your claim about all of the 23 million transactions being fully reviewed/understood is demonstrably false. They are still working with the regulator to agree a common set of facts.

And as for opinions on the fine being less than $0.5B, quite possibly but that's not the analyst estimate reported in the WBC HC Hot News post from this morning.

As for the share price I don't have a strong view on where this will go. Some retirees will look at the last franked dividend yield and think Christmas has come early. I'll look at the uncertainty until a fine is agreed and the possibility of another Capital raising and give it a miss. Flip a coin. I'll be surprised if there's not cheaper buying between now and March but that's just a personal opinion.

But maybe it's time you just stopped making stuff up to support your poorly informed investment decisions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.85
Change
0.330(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $99.79B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.80 $28.99 $28.69 $153.9M 5.339M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1040 $28.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.86 24917 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.