AMP 1.54% $1.12 amp limited

I don't think AMP can be trusted to make a major...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    I don't think AMP can be trusted to make a major acquisition.

They need to demonstrate that they can run their assets well. Which in the last 20 years, I don't think they have been able to do.

Also Westpac are proving to be the AMP of the big 4 banks. Massive underspend on compliance and technology, whilst their peers (bar the incompetent ANZ) made them look like fools. I wouldn't buy a postage stamp from them. Panorama will be a dogs breakfast under the hood, like the rest of WBC.

It's tempting for a CEO to think an acquisition will solve their problems, but I just don't think it will.

They need to use the clear air from sale of private markets and focus on the job at hand, not add more complexity such as trying to bed down an acquisition.

This sale of Collimate reminds one of that old quote, that AMP never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity...

They look like clowns, having spruiked the demerger, yet they didn't have to ability to see it through. The sale price so far ho hum, I think it speaks more to the difficulties they may have been having in extricating Collimate, yet not leaving AMP mothership with a debauched balance sheet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.12
Change
-0.018(1.54%)
Mkt cap ! $2.915B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.13 $1.12 $289.6K 258.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 192207 $1.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 78383 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.51am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.