BPG 0.00% 0.9¢ byte power group limited

Ann: Update on Cryptocurrency Exchange, page-22

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112

I take solace from the fact that we really are the only exchange on the ASX.  I think that anyone else who wants to do the same thing will have to go through all the hurdles that we have.  So we have a competitive/timing advantage in that sense.  It is going to be easier for us to take off than what it will be for the next listed exchange.

Building something like this was always going to take time.  None of us probably thought about this when we invested, but when you think about creating an exchange and dealing with the red tape in a year is fairly spritely.  

Crypto is always going to be there bubbling away in the background.  There will be all sorts of currencies that fall in and out of favour but as an exchange we do not care, just so long as someone is buying.

There has been a lot of talk about a recession lately and with gold trading at an all time high, perhaps people will look to crypto instead for some ballast in their financial strategies.

If they fix all their problems and get the suspension removed I reckon we have plenty of room for the price to move in an upward trajectory.  The hype might be over, but the market will reward any business that generates revenue.  I reckon the exchange will be able to do that nicely in time.

Maybe the share price will briefly tank on open, but I am just as happy to play a waiting game for months or years as I am to sell a stock that takes off in two months.  I run with whatever strategy that best works for each stock.

I think also that investing in businesses that are able to make revenue sustainably over time is probably better for you in the longer term than looking for hype.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.