STB 0.00% 40.0¢ south boulder mines ltd

Ann: Update on De Merger of non Potash Assets - T, page-7

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    re: Ann: Update on De Merger of non Potash As... Bazz, edit to add that the Duketon assets are on a 1:4 basis, which makes the 7c loss a bit compounded.

defplayer, potash is money, too. There are so many gold mines/resources in the world, China could have bought any of them- and they do buy heaps of them! But they bought the CHN one in Eritrea- one couldn't know why, given some of the country-specific peccadilloes. I can only think that it somehow suits China to buy in to Eritrea. There are far fewer potash resources in the world than there are gold resources.

I did a bit of a search on an STB major shareholder the other day- Meridian Capital International Fund. Ok, so those names on the ASX ANN are Kazakh names. Sprott reduced exposure to STB, whilst Meridian has been increasing exposure. I looked up some names on the ASX ANN, and I saw there was some link- maybe tenuous (DYOR there) with Glencore.

There's lots of reading around about the potash cartel, and STB has aid they'd like to challenge that cartel. There's also some good stuff around on Potash and Kazakhstan, like this article:

http://potashinvestingnews.com/3887-potash-mining-in-kazakhstan.html

The Kazakh/potash/ASX link is, of course, that messy and unresolved business of FXJ.

So, there is Kazakh interest in STB, China has invested in Kazakh potash, Russia is supportive politically of Eritrea, China is Eritrea's preferred mining partner.

I think the potash industry is a lot less transparent than the gold industry (that would suit Glencore, that secretive mob!) Given there is a potash cartel, then it is in the rest of the world's interest to break down trade barriers and loosen control of the potash industry.

Potash could be more precious than gold?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.