ORG 0.67% $10.34 origin energy limited

I am thinking that the due diligence is well and truly finished....

1. 5,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1143
    I am thinking that the due diligence is well and truly finished. Most of it was done last year .
    I think what is happening is more about some large obstacles EIG and Brookfield have to get over. These obstacles could relate to agreement between Brookfield and EIG on values , with EIG not ascribing the same value to the APLNG project as Brookfield does. It might also be about how to structure the deal with a jointly owned bidding company and how they avoid preemtive rights being exercised on the APLNG project. The first issue would almost certainly result in a lower bid , which was already likely anyway.
    I don’t know , but it may be possible that preliminary talks have been held with FIRB and indications that FIRB might object to all or a part of the deal , but nothing is approved until a firm offer is on FIRBs table to review.
    So many potential roadblocks , and in the meantime energy prices seemed to have come off the boil.
    ORG right now is priced around its true value , so buying now will either result in people holding the stock and getting reasonable returns or selling into a reasonable revised bid.
    ORG needs to grow a pair and announce that after a certain date no bid less than $8.50 will be acceptable . In other words, pi$$ or get off the pot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.34
Change
-0.070(0.67%)
Mkt cap ! $17.81B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.42 $10.50 $10.31 $34.22M 3.300M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 10589 $10.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.35 9232 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.