OSH 0.00% $4.04 oil search limited

Yes everything is engineered for quakes but as with everything...

1. 9,091 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 761
    Yes everything is engineered for quakes but as with everything it depends on the size of quake and it's location / depth, duration aftershocks and how the land reacts.

Seeing pictures whole mountainsides clog river valleys in steep terrain is not regular and not many quakes over 6 with records showing local damage as simply no one has records in remote areas.

I agree that it is not uncommon for smaller quakes at a much larger distance as a generilisation but scale and locality of quake and resilience of assets are all factors with lots of unknowns .

Very happy to read that the core equipment at Hides is reported as undamaged but it is not a clear bill of health and is a initial summary. I wonder how much luck is involved and how much over engineering as I am not sure what factor they were built to with what expectation of what size quakes?

To put it in perspective ( it is very uncommon in this area at this magnitude) this is a great site from which you can filter and show current and aftershocks, new quakes and also look historically at size and distance of quakes. Great visual representation.

https://earthquaketrack.com/p/papua-new-guinea/southern-highlands/recent

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OSH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.