NXS 7.55% 24.5¢ next science limited

Hi SabineIn relation to the cost comparison I recall NXS stating...

1. 142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Hi Sabine

In relation to the cost comparison I recall NXS stating that it costs about US12,500 per hospital readmission(can't recall if this is the average) and that it was either 3 or 3.5% of people that suffer from an infection after surgery and require readmission and treatment. I don't know how a comparison with saline, betadine etc..can be accurately calculated but I think there are two more and very important issues for treating surgeons, doctors and nurses to take into consideration. The first is pretty obvious, from an ethical standpoint what standard of care do they want to provide their patients with. And the second is Reputation risk they may face if they don't provide the highest standard of care. Many major International companies have policies and procedures in place to assess and mitigate their Reputation risks and this would be no different for major hospitals in the US. So if you are a surgeon that is performing a highly invasive procedure like a hip or knee replacement and if your client's medical expenses aren't covered if they have to be readmitted and have the surgery completely redone who pays? Not the hospital or the surgeon but poor old Mr and Mrs Consumer. And with the US being one of the most litigious places on earth I think Reputation risks will be right up there when decisions are made but obviously after safety is proven. IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.020(7.55%)
Mkt cap ! $71.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.5¢ $48.55K 190.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.5¢ 2488 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.