NXS 5.77% 24.5¢ next science limited

Thanks Darksky…. I know if I was offered a choice I would choose...

1. 18,085 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3753
    Thanks Darksky…. I know if I was offered a choice I would choose Next Science treatment rather than antibiotics …. Not just because of the potential for resistant bugs but because of the way antibiotics wipe out all the good bugs in your system
    There is so much research coming to the forefront on how a healthy gut biome contributes to digestion, mental health and more.

Still I am a bit cynical after 3M’s sequestering of BlastX rather than promoting it, and because of some of the other things I have spoken of.
    I wish they could do an advertising campaign to popular health magazines or Oprah equivalents (or similar), so the ‘consumers’ take control and start demanding it rather than expecting significant takeup via the medical conference round.:/

But, as you say, they need more results … especially from the current trials on the obese diabetic patients Judith said nobody wants.
    Hopefully those are going well as even just that sector of the market would be huge in the US?

Cheers

…..and FWIW a report from Motley on today’s update with some useful numbers…

https://tinyurl.com/7az8dc9z

Next Science (ASX:NXS) share price swings on lowered earnings update
    The Next Science share price went into a spin after a lowered earnings guidance sent investors running.

Marc Sidarous
    Last Updated June 11, 6:11pm AESTJune 11, 6:11pm AEST
    NXS

The Next Science Ltd (ASX: NXS) share price went from red to green before finishing back in the red during afternoon trade.

At 3pm, shares in the company were trading for $1.80 – down 1.1% – before rising to $1.87 within half an hour.
    Just 8 minutes later, however, the Next Science share price was even deeper in the red than before. It ended the day at $1.76 – down 3.3%.

The volatile price movement came after the technology company announced it was lowering forecasted revenue for the second half of FY21.

Let’s take a closer look at today’s update.

Earnings forecast drops
    In a statement to the ASX, Next Science said it expected revenue for the first half of calendar year 2021 to be between $3.5 million and $4 million.

Judith Mitchell, managing director of Next Science, said of the figure:

“We expect H1 2021 revenue to exceed total revenue for FY 2020 and our growth rate will be at least 230% on the prior corresponding period.”

However, back in January this year, Next Science said it expected the earnings trajectory from Q2 to continue into the second half of this financial year. Earnings for that period were $2.3 million and the announcement sent the Next Science share price 8% higher that day.

Extrapolating this figure, Next Science predicted revenue for the second half of the financial year to be $4.6 million. From today’s announcement, that means the current projection is 13% lower at best and 24% lower at worst.

Investors responded to the updated numbers by sending the Next Science share price seesawing.

Next Science share price snapshot

Over the past 12 months, the Next Science share price has increased 29.3%. However, it has not fully recovered since the COVID market crash of March 2020. On 5 March that year, Next Science shares were trading for $2.19. Over the previous 12 months, the highest price these same shares have traded at is $2.06.

Next Science has a market capitalisation of around $350 million.
    Last edited by sabine: 11/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.015(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $71.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.5¢ $30.25K 119.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 75861 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 43775 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.