AMI 2.70% 19.0¢ aurelia metals limited

Oldgherkin, But hang on - isn't that the job of management?...

1. 31 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Oldgherkin,

But hang on - isn't that the job of management? ;-)

1. We invest in the shares and management's job is to invest in projects that have a higher return than the firm's cost of capital (plus a good margin of safety!). That will increase shareholder's value over time.

2. If we don't expect management to do that well (either through incompetence and/or agent-principal conflicts) then we are best to stay away.

3. I don't have a detailed knowledge of mine economics but broad brush...the Federation estimated reserve NSR is $A350/t (presentation released today).
    Assume a mining and milling cost of say $150/t (Aurelia is aiming for lower) plus say $40/t sustaining capex and $40/t transport/royalties - gives a ball park $120/t operating cash profit.
    If they can mine and process say 500kt p.a. (aim is 600kt) and that $NSR is correct across the whole resource (uncertain!!) that suggests circa $60m p.a. operating cash surplus.
    But before management salaries, overheads, interest cost, tax and ongoing exploration/growth capex of course.

I could have this hopelessly wrong so please don't take as investment advice!

Very happy if you can correct those numbers as needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.005(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $321.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.5¢ 18.0¢ $481.7K 2.565M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 117544 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 719433 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.