MFG 1.64% $8.42 magellan financial group limited

Ann: Update on Hamish Douglass & David George commencement date, page-49

1. 5,315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 516
    Here is an interesting facts ETFs tracks the current market asset pricing as well as redemption and creation based on market value
    now there has not been an outflow of ETFs for a long long long while it keeps increasing even during sell off

so, the pricing of ETFs is just a reflection of the market selling the underlying asset and ETFs just track those prices but ETFs holders did not sell out
    they all increase their holding during sell off

you can pull out any index tracking ETFs for example VAS A200. You can see them increase month by month, there is no redemption even during market panic or sell off

there is one just one exception in April for the first time in 3 years S&P500 has an outflow, WTF shock horror but look closer it was three fundies that shuffle S&P 500 index that cause that little anomaly, striped out those fundies they actually increase another 7 Billion inflow to the S&P 500

Now when I talk with ETFs I only deal with broad index and that where the game is, there are hundreds and thousands of thematic ETFs
    and they all mostly just junk and again can't beat the broad index long term just like fund managers.

you cannot ignore this trend more and more money just keep going into ETFs in all market conditions and barely any withdraw
    I myself increased a bit more ETFs holding in A200 during the recent sell off and just pocked a nice $3.50 quarterly distribution today, that again get DRP, I have not sold one ETFs holding in 10 years always increasing and never sell

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.42
Change
-0.140(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $1.521B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.52 $8.53 $8.34 $4.998M 594.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2816 $8.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.43 162 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.