MSB 1.03% 98.0¢ mesoblast limited

Ann: Update on Novartis Agreement, page-232

1. 1,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3143
    Hello, I can understand your sentiment i.e. to 'hold' on MSB, but I think there are many more likely scenarios, none of which align with the graphic piss-soaked alley image you just posted.

For example, consider the relative likelihood that Novartis decided, all on its own, to use the COVID-ARDS initial trial result to rip off MSB's bleeding edge MSC technology as best it could & try to steal the company while it was at it. It could attempt this at very little up-front cost & then string MSB along with vague (or false) expressions of interest pending its decision. MSB would then be the gifted young adult trying to sort out wheat from chaff i.e. short-sighted losers from the right long-term partner(s) - should I keep dancing with this one? Should I push for a commitment, or see how it plays out? Did he/she just put the hard word on me? It's been a year - should I fix a deadline?

Personally, I prefer the image of MSB putting its foot down. In my experience this is the way the world works at this level.

Just for colour, I could speculate that MSB was approaching the OTAT meeting requirements & decided Novartis had the benefit of the doubt for long enough. Perhaps MSB called for a formal tenderable commitment by Novartis to manufacturing scale-up in the US. Perhaps Novartis said but we have obligations to our not-so-ex Incyte & issues with our other L & C Agreement, & we haven't sorted them out yet. Perhaps MSB finally said your contract rights are not unlimited in time, they are conditioned by reasonable expectation, all data points have been disclosed to you over the past 12 months, so decide or 'get off the pot (of gold)'. Or something along those lines.

Well, I'd hope that my kids would say the same thing in those circumstances.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.0¢
Change
0.010(1.03%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
96.0¢ 99.0¢ 95.5¢ $5.286M 5.409M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 91218 98.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.0¢ 63577 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.