BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

@DreadPirateRoberts you are mistaken. i didnt talk about the...

1. 9,782 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    @DreadPirateRoberts

you are mistaken. i didnt talk about the past. I talked about the future.

The stock price now and reputational weight its under reflects in part the use of ambiguous phraseology that saw investors bid up stock because of implied expectation of imminent revenue - leading to subsequent dissapointment.

this is investor relations 101 - dont imply what you cannot deliver on in the timeframe the market expects. Your language will set the market expectations - 'the promise' - but the market will decide for itself what those expectations are.

If you tell the market you have a monster deal on the back of 10s of thousands of units of notional demand - the implication investors will take from that is that demand/sales are walking out the door

even if you dont say that - the implication is obvious to a 10yo

as we;ve previously discussed - interest from 3rd party vendors is not demand. in the same way a real estate agent estimate of price and time is not demand.

the responsibility is always on the company to understand the implications/inference of what it says and the context in which it says it - and to measure its communications accordingly if it wants to be trusted by 'the market'

its pretty simple - having drummed up huge heat through language that you can see has subsequently dissappointed and so lost reputation as a result - the only sensible course is to wind back statements as i outlined

distribution deals are not sales. so distribution deals themselves are necessary but no cause for excitement the way use of the word 'monster' implies in the context of previous announcements.

theyve said they would let income speak for itself - so stop talking about Rizon having commenced sales for eg unless its going to be substantiated with anonymised examples of buyers of the service.

the listed market isnt a place where you can tell the market what to think after it has thought it.

it is a relationship - and like any relationship to keep it in good health you need to measure what you say and choose the words you use with care

you have to be mindful of the failings of your overemotional other - if they are prone to being giddy you dont send them in a tailspin with grand talk - but speak in quiet to temper that

allegorically its the lesson of the boy who cried wolf.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.