NRZ 0.00% 0.2¢ neurizer ltd

Ann: Update on status of Final Feasibility Study, page-96

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    In February 1889 it was seen as a great opportunity for SA

LEIGH'S CREEK COAL.TO THE EDITOR.Sir— I notice in Monday's issue a short para-graph about the carbonaceous rocks at Leigh'sCreek. Being on a visit to the neighborhoodrecently I visited the field and examined theindications. The fossils found and the formation generally all tend to indicate that theperiod to which the rocks belong it the truecarboniferous ; further testing will probablyconfirm this, as I hardly feel certain as yet. Ihave spoken on the matter to the bestgeological authorities in this colony, and theyall agree with me, after seeing the specimens(and some have also been on the ground),that payable seams of coal will in all likely-hoodbe found at no great depth. I understandthat this had, like many other valuable discoveries, has been made by men without themeans of developing it, and in the presentdepressed state of mining matters it will bedifficult for them to raise that required capital.In this case, considering the great importanceto this colony of a coal discovery on the rail-way line and the good indications here found,which are undoubtedly genuine, could not theGovernment, which has so assisted goldmining, make some arrangement to advancethe money necessary to further test this property, such advance to be refunded if coal is metwith, with a premium. If the discovery to comeis equal to what we are entitled to expect fromthat already made, it is a distinct step in thegeological record of the country, and is of greatimportance scientifically as well as com-mercially, and is a matter that the Govern-ment might well take an active interest in.The wealth of this colony lies largely inminerals, and their value would be enormouslyenhanced by a discovery of a good coalfield.-I am, &c.,F. H MOLESWORTH.

It was only a few months earlier that it was an interesting prospect uncovered by the Maree Railway's development.

December 8 1888

Professor TATE exhibited some marine fossilsassociated with leaves i also exogenous leavesfound in the vicinity of Lake Frome, musselsfrom a burnt plain 10 or 12 miles north ofLeigh's Creek, and a fossil mussel from the cretaceous formation,Leigh's Creek. He drew attention to a newgeological road which he said had been graduallygrowing upon us, which gave some justificationfor some of the attempts to discovercoal in a certain portion of Lake Eyre. Hegave a technical description of the geologicalconditions and-the very primitive flora indicatedin the remains he exhibited. He addedthat in the low depression of Lake Eyrethere were undoubtedly marine beds highlyfossiliferous. Coal-bearing beds might befound rather below than above Lake Eyre.Towards the close of the cretaceous epochthere were apparently fresh-water conditionsfavourable to terrestrial vegetation growththat might have left coaly material behind, sothere was a probability of coal being foundin these upper beds.

By December 1891

The Government Geologist (Mr. H. Y. L. Brown)has reported to the Commissioner of Crown Lands asfollows :-' Samples of core from depths of 2,043 to2,0(i5 have been received from the foreman of thediamond drill at Leigh's Creek. They consist of redclaystone (or shale), with laminated markings inlighter colors, showing a dip of 30° from the horizontal.Ibis rock resembles some of the beds of primary rockoccurring in the neighborhood, and in my opinion iaof that age. From the depth of 2,034 to 2,043 ft. thecore consists of decomposed primary rock, and thencedown to 2,063 ft. the nature of the rock, with itsdifferent colored lines of lamination, renders italmost a certainty that the coal-shale deposit wascompletely passed through at the depth of 2,034 ft. Irecommend, however, that the drilling be still continued for a few days longer to establish the factbeyond question."

The depth had been assessed by diamond drilling.

Yet here in 2024 after many millions pocked by NZR over many years we don't even get to see the 3D seismic assessment published. Nor any action from the Government.

Poor form IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NRZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.308M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $9.936K 4.968M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 71097713 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 26386835 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.33pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 25.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ 868316
Last updated 15.22pm 14/05/2024 ?
NRZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.