SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

ASX's update no longer mentions share price volatility - no...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1192
    ASX's update no longer mentions share price volatility - no surprises there as the ASX trading data for ISX does not evidence much volatility following the first 2 days of trading after the OM report was released to a 'selected few - some of the selected few being 9EC's media'.  Reference - source: 9EC media articles freely available online for Sept 2019.

The ASX claim re ASIC  has been refuted by ASIC - reference ISX announcements on the ASX website and below.

Another fact:  as much as I am loathe to give 9EC's media airspace or attention: leaks of details of exchanges which should have been confidential exchanges between ASX and ISX are published here:
    Kruger MONDAY 11 Nov 19 - this media article is still freely available via a google search states this - some excerpts below disallowed/business/markets/isignth...s-role-in-its-suspension-20191111-p539cd.html
    [My question - who showed 9EC's media the email exchange from Sunday afternoon 10 November 2019 which occurred between ISX and ASX - certainly not likely to be any key executive or management from ISX].
    Direct quotes/excerpts from the article above:
    "The emails seen by the Herald and Age detail part of the exchange between iSignthis and ASX on Sunday afternoon over the company's announcement, with the market operator saying it "incorrectly implies" it had refused to say who "asked" for the suspension for more than a month.
    In the announcement on Monday iSignthis said it had received a written statement from ASIC last week stating "the decision by ASX to suspend ISX Ltd (iSignthis) from trading on 2 October 2019 was not made with a direction from ASIC".
    "It has taken us more than a month to get an answer to a simple question about who actually asked for the suspension of ISX shares," Mr Karantzis said.
    In an email to investors on Monday Mr Karantzis said the ASX "has still not told us the 'why' that makes any sense to us".
    "It is clear that from the ASX questions, that the ASX is now looking for a cause to justify its unprecedented intervention in the market," he said.
    The ASX issued a reply within minutes saying it "at no time represented to ISX or anyone else that the suspension of ISX's securities on 2 October 2019 was at the direction of ASIC".

Fact 3 - documents lodged for the Federal Court hearing of 7 February 2020 - also freely accessible - via https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20191205/pdf/44c9v8l5yp3yhn.pdf
    https://www.comcourts.gov.au/pas/file/Federal/P/VID1315/2019/actions
    state in part
    upload_2020-1-30_21-6-42.png

Referring to (e) and (f) above lodged in ISX's claim of 4 December 2019
    ----and then reading the ASX announcement of today 30 January 2020
    and also re 6 December 2019 draft findings issued to ISX by ASX over a 'holiday Dec/Jan period'....

And in my speculative opinion ONLY - not stated as fact ----
    Could it be [?] the 6 Dec 2019 draft report release to ISX by ASX  may have been a test for ASX and ISX to prove there were no new or direct leaks to the media [or short seller mentioned in the claim]  from ASX as no-one in ISX has mentioned the 6 Dec 2019 draft release to date.  To my limited knowledge, the media have not alluded or referred to ASX's draft findings.  Certainly many HC posters have commented [with or without actual knowledge?]

ISX could not in any event announce the draft findings and they would not be permitted to be released by the company or as an ASX announcement - if you view ASX announcement guidelines.

I am surprised in retrospect that we didn't first hear of the 6 Dec draft findings being issued to ISX via 9EC media as usual - so perhaps that was an intent [?] - suppress the news/re-test for leaks.  Find it odd that ASX have published this announcement today and marked it as price sensitive.  ISX shareholders have still not been given a reason for the suspension and today's ASX announcement on ISX does not reflect well on the concerns of shareholders re ASX's transparency and ASX's regulation of ASX listed companies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.