GW1 0.00% 5.3¢ greenwing resources ltd

"Hi Given, I've identified some very interesting points in your...

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    "Hi Given, I've identified some very interesting points in your blog on Talga, which you're invested in too. Huge MCap differential between these two companies! Yet some interesting similarities and some intriguing insights into the industry. I'd like to touch on some of those in the future with you, if that's okay?In the meantime, you made reference to silicon in that blog, "Graphene’s high electron mobility is 100x faster than silicon" Do you have a source for that statement and/or can you allay any fears that silicon could replace graphite in batteries at any point in time?It makes sense to be properly informed before taking a "bet" on this company, don't you think? Given the hype from BSM has already commenced, I'm starting to see your point but some facts would be good! Cheers"

Thank you Shellbell!

Here is the link that answers your question:
    https://www.thermofisher.com/jp/ja/home/global/forms/industrial/characterizing-graphene-2-d-materials.html
    Ofc, I can't verify if this is true. Happy to also find links that check those claims.

Yes, on my blog I have written about Neo Lithium (NLC) and Talga Resources (TLG):
    NLC: https://www.never-stop-asking.com/blog/neo-lithium-corp-owns-a-freak-of-nature
    TLG: https://www.never-stop-asking.com/blog/talga-resources-and-the-wonder-material-graphene

I found Talga maybe five years ago when the share price was $0.25 -> today $1.90. I got triggered on the Graphene story and all its potential use cases. However, the main reason why I ended up taking the bet was that Talga had - what they claim - the highest grade graphite deposit in the world. I couldn't believe that a company could be trading so low when they have such an amazing deposit in a fantastic location (Sweden).

Over the years I started to heavily doubt my bet. The team wasn't in the graphite industry before (they were gold diggers) and although the drilling went well and Talga managed to show some amazing stuff with graphene, the team kept announcing some 'potential partnerships' in the future.

Also, I was constantly scared that they would fail to secure additional funding. Also, they managed to produced some graphene powder and claimed they have shipped that to various customers around the world for testing - but it didn't look like someone was biting on it although test results showed absolutely breathtaking improvements. Wherever you used this graphene powder things improved. At least it looked like that. It still was just a "story" with no results in the P&L statement. And since customers didn't buy it and nothing happened I was sure something was wrong.

It was only later - during my blog post - when I realized that over they years Talga has built quite extensive in-house capabilities in R&D and focused towards the battery anode market. Before, Talga also target coatings and cement industry and other fields where graphene could be a game changer. Just like Bass now, the graphite/graphene could go into very different markets.

*** The Bass story ***

I see some similarities and some differences compared to the Bass Metals story.

First of all, the market cap is very, very low and the stock seems to be forgotten (because many investors burned their fingers in the past). It's great for new investors though, since it is the best time to buy when people have given up hope or are too skeptical because of past fails. This of course only works if the company manages to stay alive and if the management is not useless but is actually learning and moving forward.

The Talga story did show to me that a team with no experience in graphite/graphene can be successful in this sector. Talga came from gold to graphite in 2011. The Bass team in 2016. I hope to have the numbers right here.

- The Bass team technically has a producing (!) mine. It's not a paper dream.

- Talga has amazing grades. Bass has low grades.

- However, Bass has very interesting carbon percentages and large flakes.

- Bass has also made progress in working with a university and with a potential JV partner. It's always hard for us to see if those are just announcements or if there is some real meat on the bone. But I heavily support the direction the Bass team goes.

- Talga's market cap today is half a billion. Bass is around 10 million.

Considering the low market cap and the existing infrastructure in Graphmada all the Bass team needs to do is to take the findings and move downstream. That is what they do and I believe it is possible to make it happen. As written in other posts earlier there are many (maybe too many) 'what ifs'. But the stock will be trading x10 higher if there are less 'what ifs'.

The risk/reward game plan:

I believe (I hope) Bass will get money from (Bizelli Capital) or others to stay alive.
    If true --> I believe (hope) that drilling results will confirm more of the same quality or better.
    If true --> I believe they can improve on the FS with the new mining technique
    If true --> I believe graphite prices by that time will be higher
    If true --> We will be back in the game and have a head start since a big part of the infrastructure is in place and some sales channels already established (proven track record for hight quality delivery).

I know those are a lot of things that need to go right, but it is totally possible.

There are also other potential catalysts like:
    - Urbix JV partner deal signed
    - Any interesting development with the graphene research with University
    - Chinese interest into the Graphmada mine?
    - Anything else we can't think of yet?

And as always there are tons of red and yellow flags:
    - What if they can't find additional funding
    - What if graphite prices stay low for another 5-10 years
    - What if new mining technique doesn't bring major improvements
    - What if they simply are not good enough to build any in-house R&D
    - What if Madagascar runs into political turmoil
    - What if the grades are simply too low to ever be profitable?
    - Any black swan?

At the end of the day I probably wouldn't invest into Bass Metals at this stage if the market cap is $100m . Although all points listed above are still true it's just risk/reward that wouldn't look interesting. But one should considering those levels Bass is trading now. The 'age of batteries' is just about to start with graphite poised to be one of the hottest - if not the hottest - resources for the next few decades and some other interesting developments in the graphene sector are just about to find the eyes and ears of main stream investors. I believe it is rare to find a very high quality mine (although expensive to mine) for a market cap below $10m.

It's all about risk/reward. If we find 10 stocks with this risk/reward ratio like Bass metals one of them will probably do x100.
    Otherwise we can invest in established players that will still benefit in the years to come if the battery story should unfold.

I have also spoken with some 'old' commodity investors - many of them have never even heard of Bass. Some don't want to invest because it is Madagascar. This is music to my ears. Bass will be in the spotlight if graphite prices go up sharply and/or if they deliver on what they are working.

There could be a time when main stream investors want to have an exposure in large flake graphite (there are not many listed companies in the world). But this will only be in the future. But it probably would add another x5 to the SP

Even on pitch decks of other graphite miners, the slides on which they compare the different grades on different mines - Bass is never even mentioned. It's like Bass and the Graphmada mine wouldn't exist. It's literally perfect.

If only they survive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 71428 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 726 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.