SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

I am happy the suspension has continued as it will give ASX and...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1192
    I am happy the suspension has continued as it will give ASX and ASIC the time to identify many of the actual parties - (brokers-their clients/syndicates-wholesale investors/others) - whose trading was responsible for anomalous ASX ISX SP trades which have occurred prior to/following the release of recent biased/prejudiced and defamatory media articles (and gauge the timing & impact of media reports on SP trading).

That can be determined now, in retrospect/hindsight, during suspension and while no recent trading has occurred.  This gives ASIC and the ASX the opportunity to thoroughly analyse the ASX trading data from the past 3-4 weeks and allows the investigators the time to sift through the large volume of some 'extreme' daily trades and identify any (names) and/or suspected instances of  'manipulative' or 'unscrupulous' trading by buyers/sellers/brokers/syndicates et al.

Once trading in ISX shares resumes, the ASX and ASIC can then track the trading of various entities to further investigate any future anomalous share trading - especially any contracted trades which close out (buy/sell in order to close) which were outstanding prior to the suspension.  We all know the suspension was due to share price volatility caused by anomalous trading and unsubstantiated and biased media reporting.   This was reiterated today via an ASX announcement from ISX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.