INR 3.03% 16.0¢ ioneer ltd

Ann: Update related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, page-17

1. 3,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3013
    Irony is that this flowering plant that has a natural habit with just 8 populations covering approx 10 acres could quite well flourish and expand its population base over a wider area of land due to the presence of this planned mining operation.
    It typically grows where nothing else will, so to me the idea that transplanting will severely impact the numbers of other species in those locations seems to be a last ditch effort to change the narrative now it has become clearer that INR in conjunction with researchers from the University of Nevada are likely able to successfully relocate much of the population while the mining operation itself would not likely wipe out the entire species in the original 10 acres.
    INR has been very proactive in supporting Tiehms for several years and the research is promising.
    It appears from recent reports that the team at the University have had surprising success in growing new seedlings under the harshest possible conditions.
    Here is an excerpt:
    University researchers are doing their best to replicate the harsh desert conditions with poor soil quality at the greenhouse where they planted 3,276 Tiehm seeds in January.
    “We torture them. We want them to know life is hard, starting now,” said Beth Leger, a UNR plant ecologist who has done extensive research on invasive cheat grass and native plants of the Great Basin region.She and her graduate assistant Jamey McClinton hoped as many as 600 would germinate, but were pleasantly surprised when 900 had sprouted by mid-February.
    *Ends
    So the conservationists have adjusted their tune to acknowledge that it is likely Tiehms can be relocated and thrive however seperating the plant from it's natural 10 acres is unacceptable as a plant isn't really the same species unless it is grown in the same location it has always existed.
    I believe Ioneer has gone to significant lengths to protect this species and acted in a proactive manner throughout the process.
    On the face of it, it appears the conservationists are determined to stop the mine and Tiehms is their best chance in their view.
    The current arguments regarding separating Tiehms from it's original habitat, even if it results in a greater chance of long term survival, or that it will become invasive to species in the new locations reeks of desperation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $373.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.0¢ 16.0¢ $284.0K 1.736M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 263741 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 596817 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
INR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.