BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Update to Financing Arrangements, page-40

1. 1,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    I too have thought about this. But the reason why I believe LIFX will thrive is the following logic.
    1. Budget consumers won't buy smart lights at all. Normal LED costs a third cheaper than the cheapest smart light.
    2. People who want smart lights will buy the good quality ones. There are only two brands that stand out: Phillips Hue and LIFX. LIFX wins on brightness and color (of all the smart light products out there). Whether a hub is good or bad is a matter of personal preference. There are pros and cons. I like my lights without hub because they can integrate directly with IoT devices from other vendors, such as Google Home or Alexa, or who knows what other smart things will come to the market. Think about it, why would any vendor go the extra mile to make their products compatible with Hue Bridge? The Hue Bridge uses the proprietary Zigbee technology. There are many other similar technologies out there. If it operates natively on WiFi then it is universal. So LIFX products are universal.
    3. The attraction of smart lights lies on their ability to change colors. No one would buy a smart light that produces only white color. You can turn any LED light into a dimmable smart light using smart switches.
    4. Because color is the top most priority and LIFX has the best color and brightness, therefore LIFX will have the highest growth in the market.

Yeelight is another brand I have considered. Although cheap, Yeelight has the Chinese spying concern and its color and brightness are not that good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.