BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

If I my add my $.02... This trade finance is a big deal. In a...

1. 989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    If I my add my $.02...

This trade finance is a big deal. In a previous life, I owned a retail business. Definitely not on the scale of LifX, but my shop was seasonal, meaning that by far the most business came during the holidays. Having product in place ready for the shoppers is difficult as it requires a lot of capital to get the items in stock. And if you don't have a deep bank account, how do you get the product on the shelf? Philips probably has access to cash to handle the season, but LifX would only have whatever terms their manufacturer was willing to extend, and I bet it wasn't cheap. So this deal is a big win for LifX.

We were told that LifX missed profitability last year due to three reasons: Stores selling out of product, high air freight shipping costs (for last minute shipments), and the US tariffs. Securing this finance now allows Lifx to build a literal ton of product now, get it shipped cheap by sea, and have it distributed and ready to go for the shoppers during the season. And we were told a couple weeks ago that the tariffs do not apply to the bulbs anymore (at least for now).

So looking over the news from the past few weeks, I see a lot of things coming together that point to being well prepared for the holiday season. Well done DM.
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts: 29/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.