IIQ 1.67% 59.0¢ inoviq ltd

I spoke to the CEO, dr Leearne Hinch last week and at first she...

1. 5,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 549
    I spoke to the CEO, dr Leearne Hinch last week and at first she was anxious to insist she could not give me confidential information not available to the market. I said I, along with other share holders, were seeking some acknowledgement of Management's awareness of the sp slide and some assurance they are taking steps to address this. She responded;
    1.Management has no control over the sp and that the whole bio/tech sector has been hit.
    I agreed but said this one has been hit harder and is in freefall. (other biotech stocks show some signs of life even with the dips).
    2.She said she/the board have always been transparent and all the information is available online to the sh. I said the court case has obviously been a major cause for the slide as work in this field has been stopped and the market wants to see some action that will show results.
    She said she was unable to give me confidential information about the court case and that the board had clearly announced this pipeline was stopped till after the court case and that I was free to ask her any questions about the work they were doing in the other pipeline (exosomes) She then started expounding what that work entiles.
    I assured her that I was not seeking confidential information about the court case, and that the market is not seeking more scientific information but rather, what the board is doing to arrest the free-fall in sp. When we can expect actual results.

3.I said that I actually supported the decision to fight the court case and consider the company has good prospects of success. She said she had read my HotCopper comments and saw I was supportive.
    I suggested that those sh interested can always read the scientific information. There is a problem in the way management is communicating simple facts about actual results and time frame. She agreed and said new personnel had been appointed for this and that we can expect product results next year. I expressed concern about the length of time and she said this is normal in this biotech field.. true.

It is clear dr Hinch is an experienced marketing person with a science degree and knowledge in this biotech field so that she can work to commercialize the product by explaining the scientific facts to prospective commercial parties. Given her strength is in Business, it is surprising she is not more sensitive to the market's reaction to this long period of no results while awaiting court case. And that her response is to give 'scientific' facts rather than Business facts.
    4. Bottom line is that, apart from the work on exosomes, there is nothing happening this year.
    The choice is either to bail out for those that do not want to keep seeing it slide or for LT holders to just put it in their bottom draw and take it out next year when both the court case and product development should see some action.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $65.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
59.5¢ 59.5¢ 58.0¢ $4.527K 7.767K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 38600 57.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
59.0¢ 198 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IIQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.