MNB 3.45% 5.6¢ minbos resources limited

Yesterday I mentioned that I took "advantage of the current lows...

1. 13,527 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3874
    Yesterday I mentioned that I took "advantage of the current lows by transferring more stock, this time into my SMSF"

One poster thought that was "-one of the best I have ever heard in 20 years on HC "
    Some people should think before they post.

The following is not advice and everyone's circumstances are different but some here might find it interesting enough to get advice and perhaps take advantage of the current low MNB sp in any way that it might suit them.

Most of my investments are still outside of super. While I was younger, I wanted to keep access to my investments unrestricted by super laws. I have now stopped working and I'm getting closer to my preservation age too so it makes sense to build my super further now.

This financial year I took a large trading profit putting me in a high tax bracket. Being self employed, I didn't use my super contribution tax limit to its maximum allowance over the last two years or this year, allowing me to contribute well over the cap for this year. That's because you can carry forward any unused concessional contributions for up to five years.

By transferring a significant amount of my MNB shares to my SMSF at the recent low sp, the result is;
    My SMSF pays 15% contribution tax on the value transferred.
    Outside of Super, I claim a tax deduction on the contribution at my highest tax bracket which will more than offset the 15% concessional contribution tax.
    I chose to transfer shares held for less than a year that cost me more than 7c. That realised a tax loss which further reduces my tax outside of super for this year.

Going forward, when I chose to take profit and sell MNB at well above 7c, I can sell the first portion outside of super until I use up both my wife's and my own tax free threshold and lower tax brackets. If those are used up, I can sell MNB in my super account and pay only 15% tax instead of probably a much higher rate outside of super. After age 60 I can withdraw a lump sum or income stream from my super and not pay tax on it.

For me it makes sense to increase my super to rebalance the amounts that I have inside and outside of super and with the MNB sp this low, now was a good time to do so.
    A word of warning for those with SMSF's. Check with your advisor and your trust deed to make sure that the deed allows investments in smaller, more speculative stocks. I wrote mine to allow me to do so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
-0.002(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $48.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.6¢ 5.5¢ $9.232K 166.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 99963 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 252589 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.6¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 1.82 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.6¢ 5.6¢ 5.5¢ 86140
Last updated 15.37pm 03/05/2024 ?
MNB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.