AGY 2.70% 7.2¢ argosy minerals limited

So... I say multiple times that I know it was correct but it...

1. 5,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2139
    So... I say multiple times that I know it was correct but it wasn't the point, and once again you've responded with 'but it's correct'/not erroneous.

Yes, I know it's correct, pat yourself on the back for being incredibly repetitive, both in saying the same thing and running away from the point being made.

Seawater extraction may well never be economically relevant in my lifetime. I literally said that in my first post on the topic. You don't need to repeatedly tell me, I think I've demonstrated that I agree and am not arguing against that specific point.

However...

It is not the only method of lithium production. There are multiple methods, some already in use, some on the cusp, others potentially relevant in the not too distant future and some which will never be in use.

Here's the point, which is the only relevant point you need to respond to. Every single one of the methods will continually have the technology refined and improved which will continually reduce the cost of production. Just because you've said it so many times I'll go over the top in pointing out that I am not specifically and certainly not exclusively talking about seawater extraction, which may or may not become relevant in our lifetimes if ever, and almost certainly will not be relevant to AGY and absolutely is not relevant to me in terms of potentially investing or trading in AGY. I hope you have that clearly now, though I literally wouldn't be surprised if you again try to tell me that seawater extraction isn't economically viable and isn't relevant to investing in AGY (FMD it's amazing what you need to do to discuss AGY!).

There is no shortage of lithium reserves around the world. There is more than enough supply to keep demand happy. It's not like gold where there's a smaller supply of accessible deposits and the more we mine it the more expensive it gets to access the diminishing reserves, and if there was more we would absolutely dig it up. There is more lithium than we actually want to use and it's not something we want to dig up just so we can store it in warehouses. It's fundamentally different dynamic of supply and demand. It's also not a consumable thing in the same way oil is (people still often erroneously say lithium is the new oil, but oil is the consumable fuel, like electricity is the fuel for EVs. Lithium is the fuel tank, not the fuel, and most of the fuel for EVs is coal).

Also, while it's more expensive to recycle lithium than to mine new lithium, it is absolutely recyclable and it's possible that we'll see recycling costs come down (not likely to be relevant to a current investment in AGY and you don't need to tell me that fact multiple times), and more likely and at least slightly relevant to the lithium price, we may see subsidies and other incentives to recycle lithium rather than mine it, and every unit recycled is a unit which doesn't need to be mined. Currently it's around 5% of global lithium which is recycled, which is already 5% of the supply not needing to come out of the ground, and obviously that figure is going to grow, not shrink, which will reduce demand and prices

Most relevant to the nearer term lithium price is the continual improvement in current production methods, which reduces costs, as well as the continual development of new production projects (including AGY's if they can ever get their little operation working).

China is wanting to be the main global supplier of EVs (for multiple reasons including wanting their own spy utilities all over the world rather than their competitors'/enemies') and so they have a vested interest in keeping prices low (to discourage others from manufacturing). They have huge reserves of their own and are actively procuring supplies beyond their own borders using all the nefarious tricks the CCP loves to employ, so there are all sorts of reasons to expect a repeat of the price spike we saw recently to not be seen again at least to the same level.

...quite curious to see if you play 'goal post shift' or $traw m@n again or if you feel the need to continue your game of trying to convince me of things I've already said multiple times.

And it's now over a month since the last operations update! Let's see if they let the decline continue by providing radio silence, or if they come up with a fluffy-worded announcement around a dismal bottom line (usually works for something between a few minutes and a few days before the market digests it), or if they actually surprise us with some tangible good news. Today is the last day they can put something out without clearly being quiet because the reality is too disappointing to report.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
-0.002(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $102.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.2¢ 7.5¢ 7.0¢ $576.3K 8.022M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 804 7.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.3¢ 208344 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.35pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.