3DP 1.59% 6.2¢ pointerra limited

@davroz1865 - g'day!! I think you will find that Pointerra...

1. 1,597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1811
    @davroz1865 - g'day!!

I think you will find that Pointerra already does a fair bit of work for Australian power utilities like Western Power & South Australia Power Networks.

But it would definitely be good to pick up some of the other Australian state utilities soon.

After a pretty horrible & painful downtrend for the past 2.5 years (dropping all the way from an all time intraday high of around 90 cents in early Feb 2021), it was great to see the Pointerra share price rally strongly today.

Over that lengthy 2.5 year downtrend, I am sure many long term 3DP shareholders would have cursed themselves many times for not selling near the highs - as I know that I have been filthy on myself for not selling at least some of my shares at that time.

Todays announcement is clearly a big step in the right direction for Pointerra to get back to those much higher share price / market cap levels.

Obviously there is a big range in the $$ outcome from this contract - as it could probably end up being anywhere from $40m USD (say 2,000,000 poles x $20 USD) to $160m USD (say 4,000,000 x $40 USD) over the stated 10 year contract period.

But as others have said:

It is enormous validation for Pointerra's technology / platform.
    It will open further doors with large US companies - hopefully resulting in a few more deals around this size.
    The large extra revenue solidifies the growth story going forward - probably paving the way for next years (23/24) revenues to increase at least 75% from this year (22/23).
    Pointerra's gross profit margin is around 90%, and the company has always existed off low overheads - so a lot of that extra revenue should fall to the bottom line.

Hopefully the 4C early next week shows another cash flow positive quarter.

And I am hoping that we also get a good update on the Velocity / Amazon deal roll-out, the range of digital twin projects we are doing for FPL & NextERA (eg pole hardening, hurricane response, vegetation change detection, renewables site inspections), status of the defence contract(s), and also a brief update on how our two fairly new Chief Growth Officers (Joe & Anthony) are going.
    Last edited by Brett M H: 28/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.2¢
Change
-0.001(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $49.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.1¢ 6.3¢ 6.0¢ $18.92K 307.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16377 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 22183 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.