3DP 40.4% 6.6¢ pointerra limited

Ann: US Energy Utility CAPEX Program, page-94

1. 5,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2790
    Hey noonster,

Could be simply a matter of scale. FPL is just Florida. Entergy encompasses Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.

Found this 2020 article which says FPL have 1.2 M poles v. 4M for Entergy. Didn't realise that hardening means replacing wooden poles with concrete ones. That could explain the price difference $20 - $40 per pole.

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/fpl-wooden-poles-hurricane-season-grid/

Makes me wonder if an expanded agreement with FPL parent NextEra, will be...next.

Plenty of scope, you would think, and the sheer size of NEE is another aspect of Pointerra's agreements that the market appears to be discounting...for now at least:

NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity. NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2022 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” and recognized on Fortune’s 2021 list of companies that “Change the World.”

NextEra Energy is also the parent company of NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage.

One thing's for certain, Pointerra are working with some very big and influential big NYSE companies.

Just my thoughts.

(I also bought yesterday - at 12. Was interested to see it go through on CBOE/Chi-X meaning the end of day price on ASX stayed and closed at 11.5)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.