3DP 2.70% 3.6¢ pointerra limited

At what stage would Pointerra be involved and clipping the...

1. 5,545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2697
    At what stage would Pointerra be involved and clipping the ticket? Design is the initial stage. Doubt it would be there.

The paid POC's for FPL and NextEra were announced in Sep '21. Contracts materialized in June '22. Revenue doesn't start until then. The brownfields POC with Next was underway in June '22, so presumably, if successful, something could be announced soon.

Either way, quite long lead times between POC - Contract - Revenue. I'd imagine the more customers they onboard - broader market acceptance/POC - the timelines might decrease. Various announcements have said as much.

I'm not frustrated so much as waiting for the time when cash receipts do start to even out. That's the real inflection point. It certainly isn't a simple business, not that any business is. There are a lot of external commercial interests/influences at play that are outside Pointerra's control. One aspect that is becoming increasingly obvious is that the Pointerra3D platform and associated Analytics do what they are supposed to do which is provide material cost/time benefits to customers, and that once embedded in their workflows are there to stay.

Another way to look at Pointerra is that they are an inflation play. Operating/consumption costs are increasing across the board. That's not going to change any time soon. Inflation will (hopefully) reduce in time but the costs and price increases it has engendered are here to stay. Pointerra's tech enables companies to get the work done faster and more efficiently while reducing bottom line costs. Whichever way you look at it, that's an attractive sell.

Progress is incremental. That reflects in cash receipts/revenue, but it is happening and at increasing scale. In terms of looking for ROI in these uncertain times, that's a big positive. I'm not starry-eyed about this. I spent a lot of the early days in the market focused on how much I could make while almost completely ignoring risk to what could go wrong. That lost me a lot of money. Hopefully, I've learned that lesson and am happy to have some money parked in Pointerra.

Just my thoughts. Welcome others.

As an aside, the attack on the SP was interesting. Can't speak as to whether it was Slattery, though agree with Fanthom that darker forces are at play. I view that as a positive in that I don't think it's a reaction to anything fundamentally wrong with the company. Quite the opposite. Thus, opportunity, which I took yesterday at 10.5. Happy enough with that. If it gets whacked further, I'll keep at it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.001(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $26.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.6¢ $6.103K 164.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 482280 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.8¢ 886257 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.58pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.6¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 2.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3603
Last updated 13.00pm 13/05/2024 ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.