CDX 4.11% 7.0¢ cardiex limited

Ann: US Medicare payment for new category 1 code announced, page-21

1. 1,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Keep in mind the SphygmoCor has been used in a heap of trials – over 900 to be exact. If you've read a medical journal you’ll notice they generally refer to the device by name. For condition “X” the citation will include a reference to “Sphygmocor”. So the device is instantly associated with the condition or topic being discussed. Do you think a regular practitioner has the time and inclination to perform the analysis and take a punt on a competing device that might or might not perform at a similar standard?

Given the short payback period why would an overstressed medical professional waste his or her time on competitor products – especially given the trivial cost differential? We’re not talking hundreds of thousands of dollars here.

SphygmoCor is the gold standard for a reason. It has the right people, the right relationships and the CASH to make the most of the opportunity. Competition will come, but I imagine it will be years away once non-invasive CB measurement has replaced the old way of doing things. By that time, I imagine ACG will have a market cap multiples of where it is now and the competitors will have fallen by the wayside or sold their IP to larger players.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
-0.003(4.11%)
Mkt cap ! $20.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.0¢ $13.43K 181.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 102428 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 12500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CDX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.