OTH 0.00% 84.5¢ onthehouse holdings limited

Ann: US Roadshow Presentation , page-13

1. 3,267 Posts.
    A lot can be learned by OTH shareholders from reviewing the REA historic share price and REA company news in the early days. In September 2001, REA's share price low was 5 cents. I had a few beers with the young directors (at the time) who were the founders of the company and we talked about the cash flow problems they had, being a new technology start up. They had to keep selling down their shareholding to keep their head above water. I remember telling them at the time that they had a great product, they just needed to get income generating from their platform, (which of course was obvious)They had so few shares left I don't know if they are still involved or sold out before the turn around.
    REA is a success story but took many years to generate the revenue.
    REA, in their start up year, had a low of 78 cents in Dec 1999 (and a high of $1.51 in that month).
    REA closed today at $43.77 and a market cap of $5.77 billion.
    All the key statistics at https://au.finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=REA.AX
    OTH has been trading for just 3 years.
    OTH is an excellent source of information for real estate agents.
    Problem is most agents don't know about the OTH website. They pay RP data or Pricefinder for their info'.
    I use the On The House website on a regular basis. (Yes, I'm a real estate agent). And love the OTH website.
    I own an agency with very low overheads, run a virtual office, charge half commission to friends, associates and clients who respond to special marketing offers etc. OTH is an important factor in maintaining low overheads.
    OTH directors are probably in regular discussions with agents like myself. There's lot's of ways they can generate sustainable revenue for the company and combine it with targeted marketing. I don't know if they are or not.
    Am just starting to keep an eye on OTH from an investment perspective.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OTH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.