VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

re: Ann: Valad Investor Presentation - Cash A... would just like...

1. 3,062 Posts.
    re: Ann: Valad Investor Presentation - Cash A... would just like to say during the gfc i lost over $30k on vpg,subsequent trades in other stocks allowed recovery of some capital,not enough to save the sale of my home,since then i have recovered more through the asx trading still i have not recovered what i lost.

i put that down to experience,the cost of an education,had i retained vpg till now i would still be a long way behind,while the offer might be disappointing it also puts cash on the table to move on.

RHG was another i lost a small fortune on and the story is the same had i retained the stock i would have recovered
    part of my capital.

AFG was another big loser,i have now joined the group that shun financial engineering,the world today is still faced with a great deal of uncertainty,europe is still in a financial bind the same with britain.

what was devastating at the time has become something of a triumph, i no longer have fundamental belief in the integrity or skill of company managers to mitigate disaster. like Mr Buffett says "buy a company an idiot can run,because sooner or later one will".

a timely receipt of cash might be better deployed elsewhere.

congratulations to traders and those who have profited from VPG because some have done very well indeed.

i troll the market using an index as the basis for buying good companys that are out of step with stock i hold,is it risky mildly,but i have continued to improve my income and i guess skill--good luck to all

ps--once upon a time i believed in vpg their management through value adding,not anymore,if it aint growing i aint buying especially if they borrow to expand

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.