MEL 0.00% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

OK I just read the last few posts - there is some confusion...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 20 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    OK I just read the last few posts - there is some confusion here

1. It's normal to have some processing at a wellhead, e.g. some separation unit operations. There will also be some custody transfer metering and process variable monitoring.
    2. Natural gas will lose pressure as it flows along a pipe which will have a cooling effect on the gas. The actual gas temperature will depend on gas temperature in and ambient temperature, i.e. temperature on the outside of the pipe.
    3. VEN/MEL are not installing a compressor at the wellhead and the gas will free-flow. There is no gas compression occurring within VEN/MEL facilities (yet!).
    4. The cooling tower reference in the VEN announcement confused me. My best guess is the temperature of the Vali reservoir is high and the gas must be cooled before tie in to the new or existing pipelines. I'd assume an air-cooled heat exchanger is appropriate and not a cooling tower which normally means a heat exchanger that uses water (air is free, water is not but it will depend on the temperature spec required).
    5. The Moomba processing plant is not operating at nameplate and will have ample capacity for the rates Vali/Odin can deliver

My take on the announcement is: these delays are not surprising or worrying, and longer lead times and freight delays are occurring right across industry. It is disappointing this was not foreseen a few months ago though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.