SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Ann: Verizon Licenses Syntonic Platform Technologies, page-120

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Back in the day Acca we built a platform independent mainframe development tool for use on 386s. I am old and too long out but in after punch cards.

Mainframe time was expensive and this type of use of PCs was unheard of at the time. The boffins said it couldn't be done and when we showed them the functionality they were amazed.

We used a set of consistent API's (materially) and then recompiled the interface to react to the API's for each brand. Stacked interfaces so to speak.

It only needed to be done once for each brand and addressable hardware. Easy to be honest and even I could code in those days and once you knew how and it was done once it never had to be done again except for upgrades.

However the mainframe suppliers only wanted the tool if we could deliver the outcome only its application environment and not our code that would work on any mainframe.

In other words put a brick in it so it locked in their customers to their platform before they would use it.

I hope I am not seeing some similarities here and that the CSP remains integrated into each App developed on the SDK. If not then SYT will lose a major advantage that would have been generated over time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.