SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Hey Relax Fair enough and if you or others believe I have...

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Hey Relax

Fair enough and if you or others believe I have suggested that SYT are guaranteed to be integrated into the Exponent offering then I can assure you that was not my intent. In fact I thought I specifically suggested to NH that there was only a tenuous link that the talk of meetings seemed remarkably similar and that it seemed strange that Verizon would licence the SYT SDK if they had their own SDK for the Exponent sponsored data suite.

If you only want facts please read no further. However on the facts without the hype around the SYT technology would you have invested in this company?

The following is based on supposition.

Of interest to me was;

1. The mobile ecosystem that I have been suggesting was being constructed is starting to be rolled out world wide both by Verizon and Tata. That cant be bad for Syntonic.

2. The SYT SDK is designed to create, amongst other features, cross operator applications. I doubt VZ is licensing the SDK for its elegant styling and ease of use, but that is possible. Therefore it is likely that the SDK is being promoted and used by VZ for a functional reason. My guess is it's the embedded cross operator functionality that the applications developed with the SDK have embedded.

Therefore the ease with which apps developed with the SDK are able to integrated into the Verizon ecosystem seems to be important.

That can't be bad for SYT.

3. It would seem by your logic (and based on the facts you are correct today) that SYT are not doing anything to assist VZ with content delivery (let's call this OTT but strictly it is not as I am sure you are aware) and the SYT OTT is either seperate from the Exponent offering or maybe SYT are buying a package from VZ.

However if apps, which can also be games (and therefore content), are developed with the VZ Exponent SDK for OTT delivery through the VZ ecosystem, why have VZ licensed the SYT version? Surely if you are building an ecosystem you would want to limit the requirement for rework or additional interfaces?

Therefore an assumption (not fact) would be you license a product to provide a benefit to your overall delivery strategy and consequently games and other apps developed by the SDK will be able to be integrated into the ecosystem system.

4. There is a race to provide a mobile ecosystem not just for content delivery but to reduce costs, increase revenues and justify the estimated 800b to be spent on 5g rollout. There as yet is no standard. The major Telcos are looking to have their tier 2 Telcos on boarded easily and seamlessly in advance of the politicking that is to follow as well as the huge volume of IOT traffic coming.

Being a part of the fabric of such an ecosystem will be vital for small players like SYT. Being integrated in a small way with a tool like the SDK will provide shareholders with a small share of the hundreds billions of annual revenue to come from the changes.

Therefore the announcement yesterday was, I believe (and not based on any facts other than the announcement) a good thing for the future of SYT. It will not generate huge revenue in the next few quarters IMO, but sets the company up to be a player in the ecosystem for the future.

That was the point I was trying to convey.

I think the mistake I am making is to discuss mobile ecosystem developments broadly on the SYT thread. Too often the assumption is that I am suggesting SYT will do it all. What I have been trying to say is that the CSP has the potential to provide a consistent interface and platform for the development of operator independent coding of content which will be akin to a potential standard for the new ecosystem in time.

Yesterday's announcement has not changed my opinions as the more SYT SDK developed apps created, the better the understanding of the elegance of the CSP.
    Last edited by Pizzas4: 15/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.