NOX 4.35% 9.6¢ noxopharm limited

Ann: Veyonda and Radiotherapy Delivers Clinical Benefits, page-17

1. 1,077 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    After twenty one years pohutukawa, you have certainly earned the right to your own opinion.

See if this analogy helps. The Saturn 5 rocket carried the Apollo 11 astronauts who completed the JFK stated goal of landing and walking on the moon before the end of 1969. Yet the same rocket system was employed on prior Apollo missions to achieve less demanding lead-ip investigations, such as could a mission even circumnavigate the moon (Apollo 8) and then return.

The Saturn 5 rocket powered Apollo 9 to test portable life support systems in space and then Apollo 10, to act as a dress rehearsal for the real deal.

Apollo 8, 9 and 10 were not seen as failures because they didn't achieve Kennedy's previously stated benchmark. That would come later. The Saturn 5 system could do the job - NASA just had to tailor a number of other things, before they set out to launch Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins onboard Apollo 11.

Even though they were heading in the right direction and they had the Saturn 5 rocket driving them, the commander of Apollo 9 for instance, was never going to be the first to walk on the moon.

So the Saturn 5 rocket - like Veyonda - can only be assessed according to what it is asked to do at the time. Veyonda has demonstrated safety - the primary goal - but has also improved quality of life outcomes and stabilized disease in a number of cases. I'm sure that RBx will provide a more precise analysis of these things.

Palliative direct beam radiotherapy is not a payload that could reasonably have been expected to have given Veyonda much assistance to make a difference. But the LuPin trial, using what I understand is 177 lutetium, is I suspect an entirely different companion to Veyonda altogether. It packs a real punch and this is why Novartis has splashed billions acquiring companies like Endocyte.

If I was on a jury voting on Veyonda, I would want to see a number of things before I cast my vote. Let's see if at the twenty four week mark where PSA levels are for the first group of cohorts. We also need to see how the second group (all 1200 mg) is progressing over the six week and then twelve week periods. Then in June, we we learn how Veyonda has performed in the LuPin trial.

And for NOX shareholders, the registration trial is our Apollo 11 mission as far as DARRT 1 goes. That is how I see it anyway.

I've booked my seat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.